"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
~1 Thessalonians 5:16-18~
I think I've mentioned before how crazy life has been for the last two years. I've moved twice. I've dealt with seasons of all different emotions and struggles. This Thanksgiving, though? I'm full of joy. Complete and utter joy. Not because everything is perfect, but because God has filled me with joy this season. Despite all of the chaos, the struggle, and everything else over the last few years, I'm full of joy. And that is worth celebrating. With that said, there are some things I'm thankful for this year that should be noted.
- Jesus. For His sacrifice, for His love, for His words of wisdom that keep me going when life gets hard, and for His comfort during hard times.
- My family. Parents, brothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, great aunts, great uncles. I have a pretty big family, so there's lots of people to mention. I love each and every one of them to pieces!
- My family. I say this again, because (like I've said before) family isn't always blood related to you. And I have a lot of family who aren't biologically related to me. I love them like crazy, too!
- A joy-filled heart. I'm thankful for the ability to remain joyful. I'm thankful that I can pray, and ask the Lord to help me remain consistently joyful, even when it's difficult.
- My friends! There's a lot to mention, but you're all fabulous. Oh, and specifically my best friend Anne just rocks, so thank you for being you! :)
- The kids I babysit/teach in Sunday school. They bring me so much joy, and I'm so thankful for all of them!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope your holiday is wonderful, and spent happily with all of your loved ones.