3.26.2015

The Greatest Assurance

Hello there, beautiful people!

   Life's been so chaotic lately that it's like I can't find time to do everything I need to do. I almost need more hours in a day, but I don't really. Because the Lord knew what He was doing with twenty-four of them, and I just need to suck it up, and prioritize. 
   
   That is not what I wanted to talk about, though. After a lot of thought about all of the changes going on in my life (more details on that later, hopefully!), I had to just take a breath and remember that He has still got it under control. And if there's no other assurance that I need to remember but one, this is it:

                                                   He loves me.

     Those three words seem so easy for us to remember at first glance, but do we live like it? Do we live like we're loved by an all-powerful God, or do we live like we have no idea what we're doing?

   The Lord's greatest assurance to us, is that He loves us. That's what it boils down to, really. At times, it seems like God isn't there, and we even delude ourselves into believing that He doesn't care. But when you come to the root of it all, He loves us. Isn't that why He sent His Son to die? Isn't that why Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for us? Isn't that why He continuously blesses us, even when it doesn't seem like it at first? 

  I think the issue is when things don't go our way, we automatically gravitate toward, "Well God mustn't care, because things aren't working out exactly how I asked Him. I mean, come on, I prayed in detail for it. He should know! He doesn't care!" But, oh, He does. 
   I think the realization that not everything will go my way all the time, is probably one of the greatest lessons I've ever learned. Because life won't always go my way. I won't always get what I want; but He will always, always give me what I need. There's a bigger picture, and this life isn't about me. So it's time to suck it up, realize He's got my best interest at heart (with the bigger picture still in mind), and He loves me. It's as simple as that.

                                                    Love,
                                                  Kelsey 


No comments:

Post a Comment