1.10.2015

I Did Not Stop Thinking About This Blog, I Promise!

Hello there,


   I know it's been awhile since I've posted; well, really only nine days but sometimes it feels like an eternity when you want something to say, but don't really have any words. 

   Life is certainly funny in the way that we change. Different things become important to us over the years and other things fade away slowly. I remember back when I first started blogging, and I spent hours and hours trying to think up new blog posts, or even writing blog posts. That got me to the point where I had 60+ followers and I was content with it. Except for the fact that I had two of my own blogs, I was about to start up another blog with some other girls, and I spent four or more hours on the computer a day. Talk about priorities, huh? But that was back when I was ten or eleven. This is what mattered to me. Blogging and getting as many followers as possible is what mattered to me.
   Now, I've come to the conclusion that blogging, if not done in a good way, isn't all it's cracked up to be. You can easily become obsessed with being the best, or the greatest, or having the most followers, and it's completely and utterly unhealthy. Dedicating all of your time to having the most followers, is kind of like being the type of person who goes around in a crowd begging people to like them, and tweaking their personality to suit those around them.


   


   Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I still did the same thing that I used to as far as blogging. If I had continued spending four hours or more on the computer every single day blogging or reading blogs, for the last three or four years, where would I be now? I feel like I'd be unhappy. Only because if you spend your time learning about the world online, you never get to experience the real world. Granted, I don't have much experience in the world yet because I'm fifteen and a half going on sixteen. I'm not exactly Ms. World Traveler. I just don't want to live a life consumed with social media, and blogging, and the internet, all so I can lose sight of the real world. 

   I don't know exactly what this post was supposed to accomplish, but I definitely feel better after writing it. If it was a little boring for you, and you've made it this far, thanks for reading anyway :)
                                                    Love,
                                                 Kelsey :)

  



No comments:

Post a Comment