1.01.2015

A Letter to the Old and New: Dear 2014 and 2015

Hello there!

 New Year's is the time when people come up with lots of different goals for the coming year. Some of the most famous are; to lose weight, to get a new job, to find a boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife... These are just some of the typical ones I've seen.

  As it's Thursday, I feel it's the perfect opportunity to write a letter, and determine what I'd like to do in the coming year, all in one neat little package....ummm post?

   Here it goes;

  Dear 2014,

 You were a great year. A truly great year. Although you possessed some of the most major challenges I've ever faced, I still can't say you were a bad year. Because those challenges grew me. They strengthened me and brought me closer to the Lord than I've ever been. I'm thankful for challenges and suffering. Studying the book of Romans with our home group this year has taught me that.

 Though you possessed all of these challenges, you still possessed so many wonderful experiences too. 

 The beginning of the year was sort of a time where we transitioned ourselves more fully back into life up in New England. We became closer with many people, became more active in our church, and joined Bible study.

 Spring was wonderful! A time of fun, anticipation for the summer, and the finishing (for me) of tenth grade.

 Summer was great, it was fairly short, but it was great! We spent time swimming, and going places, and having a ball!

  Fall was the best, yet. It was such a nice phase of life. 

  Winter has been good for the ten days it's been around. Unfortunately, not much snow has come, but I'm hopeful it will come along with January.

  All in all, it was a pretty good year 2014, and I will look back on our relationship with fond and cherished memories. 

                    Love,
                   Kelsey.

  And now, onto the next one ;)

    Dear 2015,

  BRING IT ON! Okay, that sounds like a weird statement, but I mean it more in the sense of, I'm ready for anything you can throw at me. The last (almost) two years have been a whirlwind, and crazy, and I don't think it can get much crazier. So whatever you have for me, go ahead. I'm totally okay with it.
  
  My goals for the coming year? I'd like to just enjoy this next year. It's my last full year of high school and I want to enjoy it to the fullest before I have to get a job and all that jazz.

 My hopes for 2015? I hope it's full of as much joy as 2014. I hope I can make new friends, and maintain relationships with old friends, and hopefully go on a trip in July, Lord willing.

 Well, here's to you 2015. Bring it on. Because I'm ready for what's in store.
                             Love,
                           Kelsey :)

        Here's to your new year too! I hope your year is blessed and wonderful and full of challenges to grow you and help you along your path!
                                                 Love,
                                              Kelsey :)


1 comment: