11.01.2014

NaNoWriMo Has Begun!

Hello there, beautiful people!

   This is a scheduled post. Because it's Saturday (today, when this is published) and I'm starting my race of the word count, or what is more commonly known as, NaNoWriMo. I'm probably sitting at the computer, smashing out 1,667 words as quickly as possible. Or, I'm super stressed because I have no idea what I'm even writing. Either way, I'm most likely busy at the current moment in time. 

   
     If you're doing NaNoWriMo for the first time this year, I have a few words of advice.

1). If you're like me, you probably just aim for you 1,667 words and don't go any higher, but I encourage you to aim higher. Adding a little bit extra here and there really pays off. Because your word count starts jumping, and it helps on days when you're a little more lax in you're writing.

2). Don't get stressed out. One year, I remember literally CRYING because I couldn't think of anything else to write and I was missing roughly 500 words in my word count. Don't stress. Take a deep breath, say a prayer, and walk away for awhile. You can come back to it later with fresher ideas. Just take a break. Even if only for five minutes.

and;

3). Don't forget to enjoy the process. Obviously, if you're doing NaNoWriMo, you either love writing, want to try your hand at it, or were dared by a friend to participate. None of which are a bad thing! Just remember, the process is apart of it too. Maybe you'll find success at the end, maybe you won't, but remember, enjoy the writing process. Writing is a tool for free expression, your options are endless. Writing is an adventure, not a monotonous, never-ending, terrible hike, in the middle of a rainstorm, in the snow, in the cold of winter!

    Congratulations on this adventure you're about to embark on. It's gonna be a wild ride, buckle up, and keep your feet on the floor (or up on something if you prefer that) and your hands on the keyboard or pen at all times. Enjoy!

                                      Have a great day,
                                         Love,
                                         Kelsey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment