11.20.2014

A Letter to One of the Most Important People in My Life

Hello there!

  This post is coming to you a little later than I hoped, but it's been a pretty busy week, it's still Thursday though! :)

   Dear Mom,

  You knew this was coming eventually, didn't you? You probably suspected, but didn't think it'd come 'til I'd absolutely run out of ideas and just chose you, but no. No, you were going to be one of my first choices, but I just couldn't find the words to say at the time, so instead I wrote a letter to myself.

 First off, I'd like to say that it's been rough over the past few years. It hasn't been the easiest to handle all of the stuff we've gone through, but it's definitely been possible. More possible than I probably thought. And through all of these experiences, our relationship has grown stronger than ever. You and I have an amazing relationship, because you've found that balance of being a Mom and being my best friend. Sometimes I need a mom, and other times I just need a best friend, and other times, I need both.

 I'd also like to thank you. Thank you for being you, and thank you for being a shoulder to cry on when I feel like my whole world is falling apart. It really isn't, but at my age, I have a crisis every other day. Life's just like that sometimes, I suppose.
 I'd also like to thank you for the faith you've had over the years, because it's inspired me to try and grow into a godly woman one day. That day seems to be coming faster and faster, and I'm so thankful for the moments we have while that inevitable day is fast approaching.

  Thank you for all of the moments of laughter that we've shared over the past 15 1/2 years. My life has been better because of them. You've taught me so much. 

  One of the greatest characteristics of you that I possess is your deep, deep empathy. Which seems like a curse, but it's a blessing. It's given me a better perspective on the hows and whys of why people are hurting. And it helps me to be more of a help to them.

  I love you, Mom. And not because you're perfect, or because you buy me everything, or even because you have all of the money in the world. Because none of that would ever matter to me. I love you because you're you. Because you're the best mom a girl could ask for, and I'm so thankful to be blessed with a mom like you. 

                     Love,
                   Kelsey!

     The next letter will be coming on Thanksgiving, so stay tuned :)

                                           Love,
                                         Kelsey :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment