9.21.2014

Faster Than the Speed of Light

Hello there beautiful people!

  So when I think about the expression time flies, I usually have one of two reactions:

1. "No! It's not going fast enough for me. I just want to be an adult, have a job, get married, have kids.." You get the picture. 

or:

2. "Time flies? Ha! More like time folds itself up, jumps into a rocketship, and zooms off faster than the speed of light! Could it slow down a bit, please?!" 

  In thinking about this past year, I'm thinking my answer wouldn't be either of those things. Because in some ways this past year has dragged on, but in others, it really has traveled super fast. Sometimes I feel like I'm riding on the back of a monstrous snail, and others I feel like I'm on a roller coaster (one I had no idea I had gotten on) and I'm just zooming at the moment, everything passing in a blur. 

 One year. Today it's been one year since we got back to Massachusetts from Indiana. One year since I drove down a street I hadn't been on in two years. One year since I moved into a house I never thought I'd live in again. 

 All of the moments over the past year have been hard, but not all in a bad way. Challenging? Yes. Scary? Yes. Totally uncertain? AMEN! But everything has been possible. Every obstacle has been possible through the One who makes all things possible. He's been there for me over the past year. 

 I've grown so much over the past year. In faith, in maturity. Sure, it's been a whirlwind, but there have been so many moments were I've just been in complete awe of what God has done in our lives. 

 It's amazing all of the support we have around us. Not only in the people we live with, or just our family, but the friends we have. New and old. I didn't realize how much I'd missed that companionship of being around friends until we came back here.

  It's been an amazing, crazy, wonderful, scary year, and I can't wait to see what comes next.


                                                           Love,
                                                         Kelsey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment