8.18.2014

What Family Means to Me

Hello there,

   I know some of you are probably waiting for my next post about camp, but I thought I'd go a different route today.

  So as most of you know, I moved back to Massachusetts last year, because my Dad lost his job and we had to. Well, I've made a lot of interesting discoveries since being back. One of the biggest things I've discovered, is how much I missed having a strong support system around me. Now, I had a support system in Indiana, but the difference was, everyone was way too far away from me for me to feel like I really had anybody. 

  But up here? Back in Massachusetts? Interacting with all of the people I used to be so close to has shown me that, family isn't just about blood. I saw this picture the other day and it totally encompasses all of my feelings toward this subject:


Don't get me wrong, I have a fantastic blood family too, but there are so many
people that I feel so close to, that I'm not related to. I just feel like I'm apart of a big family of people up here and it's nice. Nice to be supported and supportive. Because regardless of the biological family you have, there's always one person out there rooting for you. Someone you know that cares. Whether it be a friend, an acquaintance, or anyone! There's always someone out there who is on your side. And when it feels like there isn't? Well, God is on your side. 

I've been so blessed with the greatest family ever. I have so much family
sometimes I don't know what to do with them all! They're just wonderful people. Not only my parents, and brothers, and grandparents, and aunts and uncles, and cousins. But friends. The people who are there for me when I need them most. And I'm so thankful for all of them. I don't know what I'd do without them. God created us to live in community and I'm not taking that for granted. Because this life is too short to have problems with people. I couldn't do that. I couldn't not be around family. It's just not me. 

Kind of random, but I've just been thinking about it a lot lately.

Love,
Kelsey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment