8.31.2014

Just a Quick Thought

Hello there, beautiful people! 

Now I know, I posted earlier, but I wanted to post again and talk about something very near and dear to my heart. 

So I'm reading a book right now by one of my current favorite authors, Holley Gerth. It's called You're Made For A God-Sized Dream. It's about personal dreams (big or small) that are God-sized and tailor fit to you! It can be anything from buying a new car to becoming president of the United States.

When talking about dreams, I've learned a few things:

1. You can still have dreams even while being a Christian. I had this misconception that Christian, or following the Lord, meant that you had to give up on dreams. I thought you had to give up on what you wanted, or dreamed of, to follow what God had for you. But in reading this book, I've come to realize that sometimes God's plan and your dreams can match up. Even if they don't, you'll find that walking in His plan is really what you wanted all along.

2. Dreams aren't only for children. I think dreaming as an adult or even a teenager keeps your child like sense of wonder alive. It keeps your imagination fueled. I feel as though when people get older they're supposed to be responsible, mature, and successful, and sure all that's great, but it can help you lose sight of things. Like dreams. Finances, family, marriage, work, school, etc. seem to take all of our focus off of anything other than those things. And you need a break once in awhile!

3. Dreams can be reality. Trust me, I've had some doozies for dreams before (I.e. I thought I'd marry a prince and live in a candy castle, I was gonna be the first astronaut pop star) but, there are some dreams that do come true. Some that seem IMpossible but are made POSSIBLE by the One full of possibilities. Because God is still there in the dreams that we come up with. 

Sorry this was kind of a random, spur of the moment thing, but it was on my mind tonight. Before I go I'll leave you with a few of my favorite quotes from Holley's book.

"If not for grace... We wouldn't take a step because it's grace that paves the road to God-sized dreams. And we walk it unworthy, utterly broken, and entirely loved." -HG

"Every dream or desire you have that comes from God is an invitation for more intimacy with him." -HG

"It's only too late for our dreams when we decide to write 'The End' and close the book." -HG 


Have a wonderful night everyone!!
Love,
Kelsey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment