7.16.2014

That One Time I Conquered a Fear


                  So yesterday, I WENT TO SIX FLAGS NEW ENGLAND! Now, before I explain to you my reasoning for the title, let me note a few things. First off, before yesterday, I had never been to any sort of amusement park, much less on a roller coaster of all things! Secondly, I've never been on anything bigger than a medium sized ferris wheel. 

                My Aunt and cousin took us to Six Flags New England yesterday, and it.was.epic. My cousin decided because none of us (my brothers and I) had ever been on a roller coaster, she'd start us out small and graduate us up if we wanted to continue. Starting with Cat Woman's Whip and ending with Bizarro. Now, if I'm correct, Bizarro is known for being the tallest and scariest roller coaster in New England. WHAT?! Anyway, to continue my story, my little brother survived Cat Woman's Whip and Gotham City Gauntlet and then decided that Batman: The Dark Knight wasn't something he wanted to try. So he didn't. Then my older brother went on Bizarro with my cousin and I after Batman: The Dark Knight. After Bizarro? I went on probably four more roller coasters. The reason my title is, "That One Time I Conquered a Fear" is because I am (or was) absolutely petrified by heights. I'm talking cry like a baby, freak out, petrified. Believe me, I'm still not all for the whole height thing, but I LOVE roller coasters! Oh my gosh! SO awesome! 

                       Entry to Bizarro!
                               The Crime Wave! I loved this one. It's just a bunch of swings. Super fun!
                                          (oh, and my older brother is next to it :)
                                        Carousel built in 1909.
                                Did I mention Bizarro goes underground, like twice?
                                This would be the first part of Bizarro. It's very high.
                                I didn't go on this one, but it's called Scream. A free fall thingy.
                            Entryway to some roller coasters!
                        My Aunt and cousin decided to go on Batman: The Dark Knight a second time.
                              Entryway to Batman: The Dark Knight.

              These pictures don't even do the enormity of the place justice, but I didn't think to take pictures 'til halfway through the day. And I can't exactly take pictures from a roller coaster.

                             So what do you think of roller coasters, your thing or for thrillseekers only?

                                                     Love,
                                               Kelsey :)

1 comment:

  1. honestly I've never been on a roller coaster... theres nothin like that in my neck of the woods :/

    ReplyDelete