6.06.2014

That Thing I Realized in Walmart


                   Yesterday, I was walking through Walmart. Now, I never in a million years thought that I'd ever learn something while walking through WALMART of all places, but I did. 

                   I was walking through Walmart, and for some reason had such a happy feeling, a loving feeling. I was grinning from ear to ear and couldn't stop. People were giving me weird looks, but everywhere I went in the store, I felt love for everyone I saw. My initial thought was, "This is it! This is how Jesus must've felt here on earth! Love for everyone!" That feeling lasted about ten minutes until I started looking into the eyes of the people I passed by. The phrase, "The eyes are the windows to the soul," is so true, and looking at all of those people I felt I could see right into them. And 6 times out of 10, all I could see was hurt. Sometimes, when you look at people, it almost seems like you can literally feel their pain. 

                   I learned a lesson yesterday. That you can't take your focus off of your love for people, because then you'll start to get weighed down by their problems. I'm not saying I think we need to overlook the hurts in peoples lives. I guess I'm just saying that we should focus on loving them first, because love can do some pretty spectacular things. And sometimes I think love can take that hurt right out of people's souls, once Jesus has been revealed to them.

                  It was just interesting and I thought I'd share.

                                                Love,
                                            Kelsey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment