2.03.2014

When you don't know what to say anymore

                                                Melting snow.
                                     Me. Because I haven't posted a picture of myself in awhile.

               There are so many times in my life that I have no idea what to say to people. Even just in regular conversations, but mostly in the harder ones. The ones dealing with real life problems. The ones dealing with things that are way above my fourteen-and-a-half year old head. Or at least should be.

             But I really think everyone has times like that. Where they don't know what to say. So instead of being calm and thinking through what to say, we all react in different ways. Some of us lash out, some of us just get quiet, some of us tend to argue and argue until it's not even worth it anymore. 

           I like what my Mom used to do though. She put all these sticky notes around the house that said, "S.U.A.P." It stands for shut up and pray. I find that it often works. When you run out of things to say, or don't know how to react to someone, just quiet down, and pray. Or even when you have problems and don't know what to do about them, don't say anything about them. Don't over-think things. Just shut up, and pray. It sounds kind of weird I suppose, but it really works. I've been shutting up and praying a lot lately. 

         I hardly ever have the right words to say to anyone. Then again, I'm only fourteen (nearly fifteen). I don't have all of the answers in this world. But God does. And I just have to trust that He'll either give me the words to say, or He'll say them himself. Somehow. Some way. 

Love,
Kelsey :)
        

No comments:

Post a Comment