11.26.2013

The secret behind the mismatched socks

       So, most people who know me, know that I wear mismatched socks. All the time. I'm talking ALL THE TIME. If they match, I'm most likely going to freak out. Honestly, I have two reasons for the mismatched socks. One, I really like how they look mismatched. And two, I just feel like if my socks match, I have my life way too much together. 

      I saw a picture recently that said, "Life's too short to waste time matching socks." It's so true, but that's not why I'm posting this.

      The reason I don't like feeling like I have my life way too much together is because, I like uncertainty. I guess it can be scary at times, but not knowing what comes next thrills me for some reason. And with my wacky imagination, I usually like to take the uncertainty, and make something my own out of it. Create some idea of how something is going to be,  before it happens. Maybe it's the writer side of me, and maybe it's just that I like to make up random scenarios. Who knows?  

    I don't know what the future holds right now, but I'm just going with the flow, hoping something good is going to come of it. I'm just making up different ideas in my head, and anxiously waiting on the edge of my seat for what's gonna happen next. What's really gonna happen next. 

   So the secret behind my love of mismatched socks? I like them, and I like feeling unorganized, mismatched. Besides, Punky Brewster was right. I have two feet, so why should I wear matching socks? (She said shoes, but you get my point). 

Love,
Kelsey :)

P.s. For those of you wondering how on earth I could possibly know who Punky Brewster is, my mother liked that show. So, I've seen it quite a few times.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment