11.09.2013

Just listen






                    We went to the beach on Columbus Day a few weeks ago, and I loved it. I've always loved the beach, and I hadn't been in awhile. I got some great pictures (as you can see from my new blog header and the pictures in this post). 

                    As I stood there taking pictures, though, I just stopped. I took a deep breath and looked out at the waves. The constant-moving ocean. The saltwater smell filled my nose and I was so happy. 

                   I wrote in my journal (diary, whatever you wanna call it is fine) yesterday, that I'm tired of rushing. I'm tired of feeling like my entire life, and every single day is going six million miles an hour. I literally wrote, "I just want to take time to stop, and take a deep breath." Looking at the pictures from the beach made me want to go back there. When I stopped taking pictures, and just took in all the beauty surrounding me, I felt relaxed. For the first time in a long time, it was just quiet. The only noise was the waves. It was wonderful. 

                  Lately, I've been wondering, why is life so rush rush? Why can't we just stop and take a deep breath? Stop and enjoy life? Why does everything have to be so fast in life? 

                  I think all of us, sometimes, just need to stop and take a deep breath. Stop and exhale all the stress of our day. Just pause. Freeze. Whatever.

                  Love,
                  Kelsey.






No comments:

Post a Comment