6.12.2013

Through someone else's eyes

                 I've always wondered what it'd be like to see the world from someone else's perspective. What do they see? Do they see things differently than I do? Do they feel different when they look at something? It'd be interesting to see what other people see. I think it'd give you a totally different outlook on life. Maybe if you looked at something through the eyes of a baby things would seem so much different. Or if you looked through the eyes of an older person who has been on this earth more than double your entire life. 

               Maybe you'd see people differently. Like the people you know would be different from a totally different perspective. I think in life, people see things totally different. To you, a painting of an ocean may just be a painting of an ocean, but to someone else it might bring back memories of vacations as a child. Or to you, a piece of clothing may be ugly and not your taste, but someone else may love it. 

             It'd be even more interesting to be blind for a day. Just to see what it's like for people who can't see anything. The people who rely on their other senses to describe the world. We associate the smell of cookies in the oven with a round, yummy looking object,  but to a blind person it'd just be something that smells, or tastes good. 


            It's all about perspective and how you look at things. How you look at life. Everybody is different. Two people may look at one thing and see two totally different things. On one hand somebody could see something wonderful, while on the other hand someone could see something painful or sad. 

          Maybe two different people could look at me and see two totally different things. Somebody could see just another girl, while someone else may be able to see me. The real me. I know I've seen people differently than say, my brothers. To them the pond in our backyard is just a place to cast out their fishing poles and hope for the best. To me, it's a sparkly, iridescent pond that I take too many pictures of. 

       That's why a lot of misunderstandings happen in my opinion. It depends on your perspective. Sometimes things can be perfectly innocent but the way you see it may not be so innocent. Perspective is important and when you're in a bad situation or a fight with someone you have to look at it from their point of view.



         

Kels signature

No comments:

Post a Comment