6.10.2013

14

            I'm fourteen years old. I act like I'm a lot older. I've been told that many times before and I've noticed it. Maybe it's because I've spent a lot of time around adults. Maybe it's because I'm freakishly mature for my age. Who knows? Honestly, sometimes I say things and am like, "I'm talking like I'm ninety-five years old and have seen all there is to see in the world." In reality, I haven't seen much. I've seen a lot of the United States, but that's due to the fact that I've moved around a lot all my life. There's so much to see in the world. I want to see it. I want to travel. 

         I think about my future a lot. Everyone tells me I have so much time to decide what to do with my life but, I want a plan. I want to discover what I want to do at an early age so I can pursue it now. Even if it's just by knowing what I'm going to do and aiming for it. I'm a grade ahead of where I'm supposed to be in school because I started a year early. I was jealous of my brother doing school or something. I have three years left of school. Three. It seems like a lot but, I know it's going to fly by. Before I know it, I'll be graduating high school and going out into the "real world." It scares me to a certain degree. Relying on myself to support myself, or even going away somewhere to college. Honestly, I've had a million ideas of what I want to do. One day I want to be a marine biologist, then the next a nurse, then I want to go to culinary school, the list goes on. I've come to the conclusion that, once I find what I'm meant to do, I'll know and there will be no question whether I should do it or not. 

      I want to do something to change the world. Just make the world maybe a teeny bit better. Not to leave a legacy behind or to get recognition for anything I do because, that's just not who I am. I want to do something to better the world because, it wouldn't hurt anyone. I don't want a career that's going to make me tons of money. I want something that's going to make the world a better place. Even for just one person. Just to touch someone's life even a little bit. 

    Next year I'll be fifteen (obviously) and that's kind of crazy to me because, it feels like I was just ten years old. That was four years ago. Four years ago I started blogging. Almost four years ago I started talking to my best friend Anne. It's just crazy how fast time flies.




Kels signature

No comments:

Post a Comment